Friday 7 September 2012

A Busy Time

Sorry I haven't been up dating my blog much recently but my son and his wife have been over on a visit from Siberia where they live. They were only here ten days so wanted to spend as much time with them as possible so not much time for painting, but a lovely break.
I did manage to complete one painting which is a little different from usual style. A fishing boat coming in to the harbour of Staithes from a night's fishing. I wanted to show what they might have caught and as there was a lot of space at the bottom of the canvas I decided to do a sort of abstracty collagy thing with paintings of a mackerel, cod and herring gulls. As I still had some space I added two familiar icons in the village, smuggler's cottage and the end of the northern breakwater. I am quite pleased at how it worked out and may use this technique some more in the future.
Hope you like it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word Sue, Siberia! Visions of tundras, ice everywhere, temperatures -80℃! lol! I'm sure they enjoyed their stay with you and that you in turn had a great time seeing your family! Lovely painting, love the 'collagy" thingy at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maree. I maybe going to Siberia in January, so I will let you know! Plenty of white paint methinks!

      Delete