Monday 15 October 2012

Finished Today!

I think I have finished the two paintings I have been working on over the last few weeks. I will 'live' with them for a week or two and see if I still feel they are finished after that

Standing Stones, Machrie Moor, Isle of Arran


It is a good idea to 'live' with your work for awhile as things begin to stand out that you haven't noticed whilst at the easel, sometimes these are good things but more often things which need a little tweaking. My motto is never be satisfied, always strive to be that bit better than the last time, and your next painting should always be the best yet!

Grindstones, Stanage Edge

The above painting is one I have done to be auctioned for a cancer charity. The auction will be in November...now I will worry about no one bidding!
Is is difficult to get a good photo of the Stanage edge one as the hills are made up of layers of subtle glazes which don't show up well in a photo.




No comments:

Post a Comment